OUR FLU VACCINES HAVE ARRIVED! PLEASE CONTACT RECEPTION TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT OR WALK IN ON ANY FLU CLINIC BELOW.
Flu can affect anyone but if you have a long-term health condition, the effects of flu can make it worse even if your condition is well managed and you normally feel well.
Seasonal Flu Clinics
PLEASE WALK IN ANY TIME BETWEEN 9AM AND 12PM AND 4.30-6.30PM AND WE CAN GIVE YOU YOUR VACCINATION WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT!
ALTERNATIVELY, PLEASE BOOK FOR ANY OF THE BELOW CLINICS:
URSWICK MEDICAL CENTRE
27TH SEPTEMBER 2018 8.30AM-11.30AM
1ST OCTOBER 2018 11AM-3PM
6TH OCTOBER 2018 9.00-12PM
MAPLESTEAD ROAD SURGERY
26TH SEPTEMBER 2018 9.30AM- 1.30PM
29TH SEPTEMBER 2018 9.00AM - 1.00PM
WE ALSO PROVIDE A HOME VISIT SERVICE FOR OUR HOUSEBOUND PATIENTS- PLEASE CONTACT RECEPTION
You are entitled to a FREE flu jab if you are:
- 65 Years of age or older
- Living in a residential or nursing home
- The main carer of an older or disabled person
- A household contact of an immunocompromised person
- A frontline health or social care worker
Or if you suffer from one of the following conditions:
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Immunosuppressed, Asplenia (no spleen), dysfunction of the spleen or Sickle cell disease
- Stroke or Transient ischaemic attack (TIA)
- Neurological condition eg Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Cerebral Palsy or Learning Disability
- Seriously overweight (BMI of 40 or above)
We are expecting our child nasal flu vaccines the week commencing 24th September 2018.
Last year the flu vaccine nasal spray reduced the risk of vaccinated children getting flu by 65.8% (Public Health England)
Children who can be vaccinated for free at the Surgery:
- Children aged 6 months and over in any of the "at risk" groups above
- All children aged two and three years of age i.e born between 1st September 2015 and 31st August 2016